Becoming a volunteer at Beyond Blindness will provide our members with greater independence and quality of life, but a volunteer will experience great benefits as well.
“It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life that no person can sincerely try to help another without helping themselves.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
If you would like to know more about volunteering at Beyond Blindness, please continue reading.
Why Volunteer at Beyond Blindness?
- To assist people who are blind maintain their independence, dignity and quality of life.
- It will make you feel good about doing something for others.
- You will make new friends.
- You will learn more about Beyond Blindness.
- You will be supporting a not-for-profit organisation.
- You will gain additional skills to add to your resume and learn something new.
- Be part of something you really care about and make an impact on people lives.
What can I do to help as a Volunteer?
We have opportunities for volunteering at Beyond Blindness in our Social Centre located at 516 Lower North East Road Campbelltown, and within the wider Beyond Blindness community.
- Marney Pearce Tech Lounge Computer Support
- Craft Assistant
- Activity Assistant
- Drivers – 12 seater buses and vehicles
- Kitchen Staff
- Grounds Maintenance
- Friendly in home visits to members
- Outing support- Shopping, Medical, Social, Transport
- Reading Correspondence
Volunteering in the Southern Adelaide Area
There are opportunities for volunteering in the wider southern region of Adelaide including:
- Social support
- Driving to appointments
- Assistance with shopping
- Involvement in South East social programs
Becoming a Volunteer
- Call our office on the number below to discuss your interests and availability for an interview.
- Complete a Department for Communities and Social Inclusion screening for working within the Disability and Aged Care Sector.
- Undertake a short two hour Sight Guide Training course with Beyond Blindness.
- All of this can be arranged by Beyond Blindness, so give us a ring.
If you wish please apply online here: Volunteer Application
You can be part of our great team of Volunteers at Beyond Blindness. For further information just contact our Operations Manager, Visa Neelam on 8367 6088 or email email@example.com